To move is to be human. We believe that movement is fundamental to health and wellness. We want you to have the best quality of life possible, which may take work and time. But that’s where we want to help, we want to empower you to live your best life, by giving you the tools to move. We will be by your side as you take steps to maximise your quality of life.
Who we are
At Wellness Through Movement, our passion is helping our clients achieve wellness through movement. Our Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are able to provide exercise and health behaviour programs for the prevention and management of chronic health conditions and injuries. We have the expertise to improve your general health through individualised exercise guidance and advice.
At Wellness Through Movement, we have created a space that welcomes, encourages and supports people through their journey as they discover the power of exercise. Our architecturally designed clinic has been built to accommodate people at all stages of their health journey giving them a safe place to exercise. Our location at Brisbane Health Connect is testament to our belief in the power of interconnected health care for our clients. Services available on site will include access to general practitioners, dietitians, physiotherapists, psychologists, audiologists and medical specialists.
What we do
Exercise Physiologists, through the use of exercise, are able to manage and treat chronic and complex conditions such as:
· Diabetes and obesity
· Pulmonary conditions (Asthma, COPD)
· Osteoporosis and osteoarthritis
· Cancer (Pre, During and Post Treatment)
· Cardiovascular (High Blood Pressure, Cardiovascular Disease)
· Mental health (Depression, Anxiety)
· Neurological conditions (Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke)
· Musculoskeletal injuries
· Aging (Balance, Falls Risk)
Our Exercise Physiologists can also help with:
· Overcoming injury with exercise rehabilitation
· Improving balance and coordination
· Improving mood and quality of life
· Reducing weight, cholesterol and blood pressure
· Pain management
· Improving joint, bone and muscle health
· General and sports specific strength and conditioning